prenatal vitamins????

So I have a hard time swallowing pills and I always gag. Last night i went to swallow my prenatal vitamin and it made me throw up. It was the second time I have been sick since i have been pregnant. Is there any easier way of taking those huge pills? I tried cutting them and looking for the capsal ones but i can't find them any suggestions?

jordanc5234

Asked by jordanc5234 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had the same problem,.i just cut them up into threes.later on down the road it got easier when i wasnt so sick all the time. good luck!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 4:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• the generic brand usually arent so big. try those and see how you like it. it's better than not taking anything
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 4:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• now i don't know how accurate this is ,so talk to your doctor,but i had a friend that couldn't swallow pills so she talked to her doc. and they told her she could take flintstone vitamins.personally didn't agree with alot her doc. had to say but if you are having that much trouble i would at least ask the doc.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• See if your doc has Prenate-DHA. They are gelcap prenatal vitamins and I used to throw up the tablet ones too. These have a vanilla flavor to them and I don't throw them up.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my doctor said to take flinstones......yes you heard right flinstone vitamins unbelievable but it has worked!!!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I couldn't take the prenatal vitamins either!! I ended up taking 2 Flintstones Multivitamins in the morning in order to get all the nutrients me and the baby needed. My doctor said it was fine as long as they were doing the trick. I'm on my 3rd bottle now and they're about $12 a bottle(150 count) which isnt too bad. And I can honestly say that I have seen an improvement in my overall health, skin, EVERYTHING!!! So they definitely worked for me!!
    Niecey35717

Answer by Niecey35717 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Actually they have a liquid vitamin made by nature made or nature something I am switching too. Alfalfa will give the baby vitamins a b d and k along with my liquid vitamin....I am with a midwifery practice though so I would ask your provider if you could switch to a liquid or a smaller pill.
    Anonymous

• I also take flinstones Multi Vit....The Prenatal make me feel sick...And if you read the INFO 2 flinstones are the same as taken the others...I feel good and I feel in great health. Hey if a kid can take them why cant we lol....My doc said tis fine and my blood looks better since i been on them so its all go....Goodluck...Best part is they taste great and you can chew them
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 8:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2009