12 Month Old Feeding Disorder

Please excuse the length of this narrative, but we would really appreciate any interested reader going through this first-person account of our son’s adverse feeding behavior. He is currently 1 year and 1 month old.

The first signs of his adverse feeding behavior may have commenced when he went without any food from the time he was born to 3½ days. During this time I thought that I was giving breast milk but in reality there was virtually none. After this initial period of time, he would eat only between 2 and 3 ounces of pumped breast milk mixed with Similac for each feeding session. (Please note that all breast feeding ended at the end of May.)

This went on for about 2 months. Beginning the 3rd month, when I tried to feed him in my arms as I usually had done before, he began showing signs of great resistance such back arching, screaming, crying, and generally total unhappiness. This feeding situation went on fo

americo

Asked by americo at 5:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No answers yet