i have not been breastfeeding for about 2 weeks how long does it usually take for breastmilk to dry up?

MammaA20

Asked by MammaA20 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It took a while for me, its been almost 7 months since I stopped and can still squeeze drops of milk out.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• FOR ,E IT DREW UP WHILE I WAS BREASTFEEDING I HAD MILK FOR A WEEK THEN IT WAS GONE
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Anywhere from a few days to a year or two. Everyone is different.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The usual for my friends and family is three months. A long time but short if you can wait that long.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It can take days or years. It is God's constant reminder of what baby should be eating. If you are still lactating why not donate to those babies whose life, literally, depends upon the amazing properties of breastmilk?

Anonymous

• Anon 3:19 spare me the f@#*ing guilt trips. Get over yourself. Its her body.
    Anonymous

• #1 I believe that her idea for donating her breastmilk is a wonderful idea!!!!!! What a wonderful gift to give. But yes it is her body and her decision if she would want to do that. No need for the swearing. It was just an idea so maybe Anon 7:12 needs to get over herself. My brestmilk dried up in 6 months. People need to quit getting their panties in a bunch around here.
    Anonymous

• Ugh.. :( Why not pump out the extra milk and feed it to your daughter so that she's getting at least SOME? And if not, why not donate it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• To all of those that are disgusted with the fact that im not breastfeeding my baby dont bother replying to my question. its my body and i didnt ask for your opinions on if i should breastfeed or not. so before you make any quick judgements maybe you should think twice, my son does not take to my breasts, he refuses it and plus i am not producing enough milk to pump out. so please keep your thoughts about breastfeeding to yourself and just give an answer to the question. thank you
    MammaA20

Answer by MammaA20 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009