Don't you think 300 text messages is enough?

So we have the normal basic cell phone plan, no bells, whistles or thrills just so many anytime minutes and 300 free text messages a month.

Last month hubby went over with the text messages, and of course it is my fault because I am the one who handles the phone. When I was putting on the plan add-on for texting I went to him and asked him several times "300 per month is $5, 500 is $10 and unlimited is $15 PER LINE which one do you want?" He said "the 300 one I guess it's the cheapest" I even reiterated SEVERAL times it was 300 text messages a month NOT unlimited, and he said "fine whatever, do whatever you want."

Well now he wants to change it to unlimited and we can't unless I call. I don't want to call I don't want to change the plan I told him to just not go over 300 text messages.

Am I wrong here? I don't think I am.

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 5:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I get 1500 a month, I don't think I've gone over on that. I did go over on 200 though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I dont think so.. do you guys get Cricket near you? For 45 per month it is unlimited calling, text messaging and internet access. The only downside is their phones cost a bit more, and Cricket isnt totally nationwide yet.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I don't alot about cell phone service options, but that seems alot of texting. I still haven't got all computer stuff down, let alone cell phone items.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about your text message plan, but ours counts BOTH outgoing AND incoming texts. So if I send 3 and receive 5, I get charged for 8.

We have unlimited texting and ours is included in our smartphone plan.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I use a couple thousand a month. I guess it really just depends on how much he is going to use it and how much you can afford. If he is going to cost you more than the $10 extra dollars to go unlimited in overage charges, I think it is worth a phone call!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• go for the unlimited sister.. we use a ton of txtz..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Personally, I feel you had a misunderstanding with your hubs. I would sit down right after dinner and tell him that if he would like it unlimited he needs to call. I personally feel 300 is more than enough for one person. I guess it all depends on the agreement you will come up with. Nobody is wrong or right in this situation because it was a misunderstanding between you both.
    Anonymous

• unlimited.....you have to pay for both outgoing and incoming and you cant control ALL of it. Its so worth just having unlimited. $15 per line is pretty expensive.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have unlimited so does my hubby. Mainly becasue we text back and forth and I text everyone and their momma. But if you really want to save money and stick to the 300 plan then I suggest you either change to unlimited or block them all together. Since in the long run you are going to end up paying more than 5 dollars. Since your hubby will go over and that's what 10, 25 cents per text?
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think that is why he shouldn't of been blowing you off like "whatever".

It's would be cheaper to just go with the unlimited.
    Cause going over gets pretty pricey.

Before I was with my hubby, a friend and i started an account together.
    The agreement was to go half and half.
    BIG MISTAKE.
    She agreed that I could have the txts and she could have the minutes.
    So we stuck to it for a while..
    Then one day she just started txting.
    Cause I wouldn't use all the txts and I called people.
    And when I called anyone it was the free nights and weekends time.
    Well needless to say she went over
    And the bill came out to over $500.
    She told me it was my fault for not getting unlimited.
    And I went and got a break down of who used what.
    And you can clearly see that she went over
    I used about my normal 250. and she did double what i did
    on top of going over the mintues.
    And she expected
    Mitch_Gray37

Answer by Mitch_Gray37 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2009