Can you work in HEALTHCARE if you've ever been arrested (but no charges were filed)?

No bashing please...just skip to the next question if you feel the need to judge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• That would be something each company/hospital/nursing home to put into consideration.
    Anonymous

• If no charges were filed then I would think you could safely say you have never been convicted. I've never applied for a healthcare job, but all the applications I've ever seen for anything ask if you have ever been convicted of a felony or a misdameanor. I could be wrong, but i would think you should be ok.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Probably depends on the crime. If it was for a violent crime I would hope it would be impossible to get the job.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the crime. It may have been bad,like stealing and the people were nice and dropped the charges...so it just depends on the case. I personally got in trouble for swimming in an apartment complex pool after hours, once when i was a teenager...so silly stuff like that I dont think they would care. Bigger things, I am sure they would.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It depends on the crime, the job and the state/company policy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009