Anyone have any tips on how to lose baby wieght?

I gained 37 pounds (yikes) during my pregnancy, my daugther is 8 weeks old and I would like to be pre-pregnancy weight by summer. I'm currently doing a six week program callled Slim in 6 which worked for me with my son, but I only needed to lose my last 10 pounds with him. I'n on my 2nd week with this program, but I would like to see if anyone else had any ideas that worked for them.

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 5:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Dance in high heels in your livingroom for 30mins a day.. thats what idid and it workd great!!!!!!!!!! i did the electric slide for those 30min and it took time away and pnds..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have lost baby fat with different programs in the past...the main thing I've learned is the importance of having a community or someone that you can be accountable to.

I see that you are doing Slim in 6. I'm a Beach Body coach and currently doing their program P90X. It is extremely intense and I'm already seeing my abs change in less than 2 weeks.

I'll be hosting a conference call tomorrow night where we will be having a couple that has lost a total of over 170 lbs. doing these workouts. Feel free to listen in if you have some interest.

It will be Wed., April 29th at 9:27 pm EST. Number is (605) 475-4800 access code 770206#.

The main thing is consistency and watching your diet! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and I can help. Heather@HeatherColey.info

Stay at it! and keep pushing PLAY! You can do it!

Heather
    HeatherColey

Answer by HeatherColey at 5:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• No soda, sweets ,fast food, junk food, late night eating, fried food, extra salt, sweet tea, or anything else fun. Count calories and fat closely. You will be surprised at what else you CAN eat and stay under 2000cal a day. It's a lot. You won't starve if you pay attention. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Anything. Even walking. To keep sane set aside one day a week to treat yourself to something on the no list.(not the entire list. just one thing) This plan is free, no meetings, and you save money by not buying junk food and eating out. I've been doing this for about 4 months now. I have lost 45 pounds. You get used to it. It becomes easy. I still get to eat good tasting food. I just don't get the thunder thighs that come with the bad food. And I don't even exercise half the time! Still lost the weight! And still losing the rest.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Exercise. Drink at least 8 8 oz glasses of water a day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 colors. Eat 7 servings of whole grains every day. Dr. McDougall is the way to go for weightloss and life: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I joined Weight Watchers. I lost 18 pounds and it took 8 weeks or so...depends how much you slacked off ya know. I pretty much ate whatever I wanted, just didn't go back for seconds or didn't take such a large amount. Drank more water and diet pop. Good luck.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I do Turbo Jam (part of a beachbody program) and I love it! Its like kickboxing with dancing. I also just started the Special K diet today (lose up to 6lbs in 2 weeks). Ive read this before, and it makes sence..."dont eat after 8(pm) to keep off the weight". Your metabolism slows towards the end of the day. Breakfast or lunch should be the biggest meal because you do the most activity during those times of the days. After dinner, most people just kinda sit around. I also joined this free online tracking program to help keep me motivated and track my progress. traineo.com I gained 64lbs in pregnancy, its been 4 months and Ive lost about 26lbs so far. We can do it!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• In simple terms... exercise is good for you but diet is VITAL. Gone are the days of luxurious portion sizes and giving into the sugar cravings. I'm sorry, but losing weight is at least 70% diet. Once you get your diet good, I say find a workout partner and strive for at least an hour of cardio everyday... running, biking, elliptical, etc... and light weights three days a week. Cater to your ability level though b/c getting hurt will set you back. Good luck girl. Get it!
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I lost 60 lbs on weight watchers. Eating right and being more active.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Breast feed, and only breast feed.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 7:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• hello I have a post partum treatment garment that you wear to help mothers lose the weight after delivery..The information is on my profile for my website..Be Blessed
    cbarconia

Answer by cbarconia at 11:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009