How hard is it when you little boy is in his terrible 2's

connerbear

Asked by connerbear at 5:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 3's are worse. So the terrible 2's were a breeze :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Is he 2 already? I always refered to the twos as the "terrific twos".
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 5:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• idk my daughter was perfect. My son however is demonstrating the meaning of terrible 2.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• ummm...well, I don't think my son is too bad actually. He is really rambunctious and has a lot of energy, but he listens so well. I am actually very proud of him.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 5:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My son has been great as a 2 year old... now he's turning 3 in May and only now is he really turning into a stubborn turd. It's just a phase they go through as they become more independant.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well it depends. My middle child when he was 2 he got into everything!!!
    Then my youngest son when he was 2 was pretty calm. Didin't get into anything.
    iamamotherof3

Answer by iamamotherof3 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My sons TT's were terrible but I was alone while my husband worked out of town alot. Props to all you single mommas!!
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the child. I've found that the parents who hate the 2's the most are the ones that had sweet, easy babies. The 2's come as a shock. Then there are easy going 2's who never try to see where the limits are and there are 2's that have to know exactly where the boundaries for every rule are.

Are the 3's harder? Yes and no. I think the problem is we get used to one set of behaviors, we learn how to cope and guide our child, and then they go and change the rules on us, getting older, wanting more independence, getting more verbal (talking back, bargaining, etc). I don't think any one age is harder than another. I think each is a new set of challenges with no road map or directions.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2009