How can I get my daughter to go on the potty???

My daughter is 2 and a half, and I am trying to get her potty trained. I have tried the sticker thing (didn't work) tried taking her to pick out her own panties (didn't work) she has gone poop in the potty twice, but now it's nothing. Does anyone have some helpful tricks I could try. I know that they will learn when they decide, but with the economy the way it is, I cannot keep affording diapers. PLEASE HELP!!

shealynsmom

Asked by shealynsmom at 5:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd loves the wipes. I won't let her have a wipe until after she goes potty.
    Anonymous

• This worked for my girls. MnM's....every time she goes potty, (she has to really go) she gets an mnm or we have done gumballs. They get two for going #2. Or pick a candy thats a real treat for your daughter yet is small and nonfilling so she will want it all day. This worked for us. Good Luck, sometimes little girls can be so headstrong about pottytraining :)
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 5:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• IT TOOK ME FOR EVER TO GET MY LITTLE GIRL TO GO POTTY. THIS MIGHT SOUND MEAN BUT I MADE HER AS SOON AS SHE GOT UP TO SIT ON THE POTTY, AFTER SHE ATE I MADE HER AND ABOUT EVERY 45 MINUTES I WOULD MAKE HER SIT THERE. IF SHE WOULD GO IN THE POTTY I WOULD MAKE A REALLY BIG DEAL OF IT ALOT OF PRAISE GOES ALONG WAY. ALSO PUTS SOME BOOKS OF HERS IN THERE SHE GETS READING AND MAY NOT REALIZE THAT SHE WENT AND WHEN SHE DOES PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE. IT TOOK A COUPLE OF WEEKS WITH MY DAUGHTER. I THINK THEY ARE MUCH HARDER THAN BOYS. MY BOYS WERE VERY EASY. GOOD LUCK
    BUBKAYDAV

Answer by BUBKAYDAV at 6:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009