need some new food ideas for my 15month old

He is in a stubborn stage where all he will eat is a little bit of he peaches, pears, bananas, carrots, green beans and peas. He will drink his milk too, but that is about all he will eat. I usually try to give him a pasta along with the fruits and veggies. I make his meals a small portion of each. He doesnt like pbjs or grilled cheese, doesnt like chicken or hamburger lol....he is picky! He eats pizza but only picks the cheese and sauce off and leaves the breaded part. I need him to get some grain.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• From the looks of the list he will eat, protein is definitely missing. Does he eat egg? Yogurt? Have you tried hummus? What about beans? As for grains, try rice cakes, rye crisp (soak in milk), whole grain tortilla (try making cheese quesadillas or put hummus on them).

Remember, the experts say it takes an average of 8-10 tries to get a child to try something new.  Just offer the new on a plate the same time as his old favorites.  Don't make a big deal of him not eating it, or it'll become a battle of wills.  I always eat the food I'm trying to get my son to like in front of him.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• oh he eats eggs every morning with daddy...but he will only eat them in the morning..it became habit i guess. I will try yogurt and rice cakes...he actually picked some up at the store the other day lol i was like noooo but they are good for them? And will yogurt hurt his tummy or give him diarrhea?
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If he's OK with drinking milk, yogurt will be just fine. Stonyfield Farms makes YoBaby organic yogurt, and there are tons of brands out there. Yogurt has probiotics in there that are very beneficial to his gut and immune system.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My DD also likes tortillas, and Triscuit crackers. Have you tried just making him a sandwich? I did with my DD recently, and she eats it up like everyone else!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• He does great with yogurt now...he loves it. I just gave him some of the yogurt I ate plain vanilla bean. He doesnt like sandwiches.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009