Question on how much to pay a sitter.

I live in Rural northeastern washington. To give you an idea about the economy here, i pay $550 for a 2 bedroom house. I have school and have asked the neighbor to come over and sit at my house for 2 hours while i have class. I would leave at 12 and be home by 2. I would put my son down for a nap at 12, so he would only be here to sit and watch t.v. and hangout while my son sleeps. The earliest my son ever wakes up is 1:30. so he might be doing 30 min. of watching my son. This is a monday-friday thing. So my question is how much do you think i should pay him weekly?

ClvDandJ

Asked by ClvDandJ at 5:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I pay my sitter $3 an hour per kid. So if she's watching both, then it's $6 an hour.
    Anonymous

• I would say if you are paying 550 for your apartment to pay him 8 an hour. which would be about $90 a week. if that is too much pay him what you can afford.
    Anonymous

• The average is $9 an hour. You can always ask your neighbor what they feel is fair.
    Anonymous

• OMG, i never realised u had to pay a babysitter that much!...here, we pay a babysitter $75 a week!
    Anonymous