• In the Spotlight:

40 wks & 2 questions ???????

Does everyone lose mucus plug & have loose bowels just before baby comes. I was due yesterday & I have been having contractions & backache but things aren't close enough yet ? Last Wedesday at my Dr Appt I was 3 cm & 60 % effaced. Yesterday I hardly felt pregnant but baby is moving. Today I have little pains & backache but I have only had a little discharge over the past 3 wks that is like egg white with a little pink & brown to it. Just concerned ???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No reason to be concerned, sounds like you are in the first stages of labor and that you are loosing your mucus plug.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I did. I had horrible bowel movements the day before and a light show but nothing major until my water broke. Its coming so be patient and no you don't always loose your plug or it could have been lost and you didn't notice it. CONGRATS once they start coming regular and you can time them and they are lasting longer and getting stronger then head to the hospital about 3 to 5 minutes apart and to the point of not speaking or walking during them.
    Anonymous

• well I dont know about everyone but I did!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Don't stress. I was in labor like that for a week before I had my son. It sounds like things are moving along pretty well. If you want to speed things up try a drive on a bumpy road or take a very vigorous walk. Your bowels will be looser because your body is preparing to birth your baby. Our bodies are amazing machines, and they know how to get things going. Sometimes we just need to give them a little nudge! Good luck and congrats!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• yeah it def sounds like you are in the early stages of labor. I too have also heard that you can lose your mucas plug but not know it. So not everyone realizes when they lose theirs.and the poopin....when the baby drops down, it relieves some pressure off of your intestines thats why a lot of people have the runs shortly before they have the baby. congrats & good luck.now its just a waiting game
    Anonymous

• sounds like labor is a coming! my son slowed down. they usually do that when they are settling. go take a good long walk (if you can!) and have you some good sex if you can try to get it started!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009