My 5 year old son is making annoying noise at me all the time when I try to talk to him. I know he's fine physically he's just trying to be silly. What can I do to not go insane?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Punish him for it. That's disrespectfull, and children have to be taught respect, it doesn't come automaticly. Give him a warning, and if he doesn't heed it, then use discipline
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Make funny noises back to him, he's 5.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Tell him to knock it off before he sits in his room. If he comes to you and is making them ignore him until he speaks right to you. My nephew does the same thing and we tell him your 5 not 2 so act like it or we will treat you how your acting. He will moo or bark anything he can and if he comes to us and wont speak we tell him to either talk to us or go away until he can.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Start acting like a wierd animal. Seriously. It works and it is more fun then getting angry. Make up wierd animals, a gorilla-lion ect.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Have a silly time every day that he can look foreward to. He can be loud, silly, make homemade maracas and drums, let him bang pots, but only during silly time. If he makes the annoying noises outside of silly time warn him that if he does his silly noises now he won't get to play with the instruments and you won't play silly time with him that day. If he has an outlet for it maybe he'll do it on your terms! Good luck!
    CLRief

Answer by CLRief at 8:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Does he only make these noises when you are trying to speak to him? If so do it back to him when he tries to speak to you. Then when he gets mad, ask him how it feels to be ignored and tell him you need him to respect you too when you are talking.Get down on his level and look into his eyes while you are doing this. If he makes noises when you are not speaking to him, he is just playing . Let him do what children do. If the noise bothers you , get some earplugs.
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 1:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009