breast feeding question....

i am almost 28 weeks now with my second child. I formula fed the first, but plan on trying to breastfeed this one(my daughter wouldnt latch on is why i formula fed her).Is there certain types of bottles that you put the breast milk in (if someone else was to feed him for me or when i go to work)? Or can it be any kind?

brittoh

Asked by brittoh at 6:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think any kind your baby will take. I use the Playtex dropins brand with the slow flow nursing nipple. It's the most like your breast and babies seem to take it just fine. You may have to try a few times before your baby will take it, but once they realize it's your milk inside, they should take it no problem. Hope that helps!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Soothie bottles or playtex nursers are both for breatfeeding mothers.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I used avent bottles. i think they suggest that you only breastfeed for a few weeks until the baby gets the hang of it.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• any bottle as long as the nipple has the same shape as yours so it wouldnt be so different to latch back on to ur breast
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 6:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• There are several things to consider. For one, it needs to be one your baby will take, and you may have to try a few before baby will take to it. Second, the nipple should resemble your nipple, as far as size and being able to latch with a wide-open mouth. And second, if at all possible, exclusively nurse your baby for as long as you can so s/he can get the hang of it.
    I used the First Years Breastflow bottles. They could be a pain, but they were amazing as far as their wide nipple base (so baby can latch on with a wide-open mouth, like the correct way when you nurse). But there are several brands out there you can consider.
    Good Luck with nursing!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I just wanted to put out the option of a nursing shield. I had to use one for many months with my first daughter because her latch was terrible and my nipples were cracked and bleeding. I know that lactation consultants will warn you about them, but if you want to try breastfeeding and don't want the hassle of always pumping you could try a shield.
    savvybabygrace

Answer by savvybabygrace at 8:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009