when is the best tim to have a second child ? ?

just wondering when you think the best time to have a second child would be

kensue305

Asked by kensue305 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• When you and your SO are both ready. It all depends on your age and financial situation. When your ready it will happen but until they enjoy the one you have. I would wait until close to a year.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• 12:04 pm.
    Anonymous

• When you and SO feel it is the right time. I always say the first one should be out of diapers before having another, but that is just because I didn't want 2 in diapers at the same time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I"d say ideally about 3 years apart, but there are lots of other things to consider.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• In my child development class, they said 3 years was the ideal spacing. But of course, everyone has their own ideas on it. We were going to wait about that long but #2 was a surprise (after fertility problems the first time, no less!) So of course, you don't necessarily always get to choose the spacing. But it worked out for the best in our case. My sons are 22 mos apart and my husband got a job which paid well but left him out of town for weeks at a time. It was a real struggle for the 1st year. But after that, it got easier. There has never been much jealousy or sibling rivalry - my boys are the best of friends!
    jmcgladr

Answer by jmcgladr at 2:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• And if I waited until the first one was out of diapers, I'd still be waiting almost 2 years later! My oldest is pretty resistant to potty training. No real biggie to have 2 in diapers, almost easier that way since you're all set up for it.
    jmcgladr

Answer by jmcgladr at 2:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2009