What do you do when you hang out with your friends that are single or have no kids?

The partying question got me thinking. I'll go for an evening with my single/no kids friends to a bar or out to eat without the kids. It's important to me to still be friends with them (we've been friends for a long time), because well we're still friends! I know that they would probably have fun getting coffee or whatnot, but a little kid playdate would be really boring to them.

idk I really love my friends. I like to think that life is about balance and that you don't have to give up your good friends when you get married and have kids. Plus for me it's really healthy to get away for awhile, I'm sure some of you know what I mean!

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 6:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We go out for meals with friends with no children, and we go on vacations with another couple who have no children. It is just like we do with couples that have children, they are our friends, and we talk and joke and do things together.

Answer by Bmat at 6:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Do you bring your kids with you?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My "friends" gave up on me. They dont bother to call or ask me to hang out, since im a single mom with two kids- they pretty much assumed that I never have the time. Oh well. ;)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Aww I'd want to hang out with you BEXi!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• awe how sweet! hehe. luckily im not the kind of person who HAS to be really social. im a home-body, and if i go out its to go to my BILs poker game on saturdays hehe. i actually caught up with an ex i dated about 5 years back last week. had a great time :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I don't need to be social...but I HAVE to get the heck out of here and hang out with adults! Too much goo goo ga ga makes Rachel STUUUUUUUPID! LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• lmao yeah i feel you! i have a 17mo old and a 3mo old.. sometimes i just have to get out and socialize with people who will TALK BACK! lol
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009