How do I get over my fear of calling people to recruite for my home business?

I just started with Ameriplan and I am terrified to call my prospects.I have a list of leads,but am scared that they are going to tell me that I am the 10th person that called them,like thy always tell me.What should I do? anyone else with the same problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Seems like you have a bit of social anxiety. I am the same way with calling strangers! Hahah, up until last year I was nervous about calling to order a pizza. Im not sure what to tell you.. I still have problems with it sometimes. <3
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I work with AmeriPlan as well. If you have a list of leads, they should be fresh and shouldn't have been talked to already. The ONLY way to get over that fear is to make the calls. And keep calling everyone on the list. Trust me, it gets easier with each call. My first couple of calls were so hard to do. But after I made about 100 in one day, back to back it got SO MUCH EASIER. Talk with your upline and see if they can role play with you. That might help
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you're scared of calling, and aren't comfortable with sales, quit now before you have too much time and money invested. Try a different line of work where you don't feel scared.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I dont worry about negativity; I focus on my goals.I ask everyone though,you never know who may be interested. If you are scared,that will get in the way of your goals.Whats the worst they can say? no?? If they are rude,that is their fault...you dont have to deal with them again.If you take your business seriously,so will they. I used to do ameriplan so know how you feel.
    I do not recruit with my business now, I consider it sponsoring and helping other women reach their goals and be able to stay home and be their own boss. Im proud to offer that opportunity to others. Love what you do and be confident, you are a business woman.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The first thing that you need to do is realize that these people came to you because they need help. They want to hear what you have to say, and the ones that don't, you don't want anyways. I am with Ameriplan too... And I can see where you are comming from.

You aren't selling anything. You are just educating them on something you already know... You are the expert here! Use that. Also, find a sizzle call that you like and use it. I only spend about 3-5 mins on the phone with my prospects. The sizzle does the rest. All I do is answer their questions. It's much easier that way. If you need a good sizzle line let me know, I'll give you a few numbers to call. you can listen to them and pick your fav to use. Much easier that way!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What is Ameriplan?

If they give you a negative respons, remember, they're not rejecting YOU, they're rejecting what yo're calling about. Try not to take it personal. If it helps, create a "phone character" who is outgoing! :)
    CLRief

Answer by CLRief at 8:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• They can't get to you over the phone, on the phone you are in control, if they start to be rude, just hang up.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It may seem hard now...but you keep working those leads and you will see what we are saying! It will get easier!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009