How many calories should a 1 year old be eating?

My 14 month old daughter doesn't really eat all that much at her meals, and sometimes won't eat any snacks all day long. She eats when she is hungry, and she makes sure to tell us when she is!

I just want to make sure she is getting the nutrition that she needs.. so how many calories should she be eating in a day, and what can I do to try and get her to eat more?

dueinfeb2008

Asked by dueinfeb2008 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• As long as she is eating a variety of foods and drinking lots of water, don't worry!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• As long as she is eating a variety of foods and drinking, and growing steadily, she will be ok. As long as her doctor isn't concerend, she is fine. She will eat when she is hungry and will get what she needs. Her portion sizes will be really small, she is just a baby after all.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009