Do you think Swine Flu is a hoax?

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/birdflu.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Tell us once you find out. Go find someone with it and let us all know. Im not willing to find out are you???
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I doubt it's a hoax. They shut down a school less than 5 miles from my house. The school is closed for the week at least. Several students have this flu. (I'm in Texas.)
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 6:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Not a hoax
    Anonymous

• It's not a hoax. And that website is absolutely ridiculous, IMO.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yeah, sure. A hoax killed over 100 people in Mexico...
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I dont think its a hoax but I do feel that they are blowing this out of proportion and trying to scare everyone to death until they go get on ant anxiety drugs.
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Not a hoax at all. The CDC is already hoping to have a vaccine ready for the fall.
    But I do fear this will get worse before it gets better.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Wow, did they plan this way back in 1918 when the Spanish flu killed 2.5% of everyone infected? Very clever of them, laying the groundwork like that so we would believe them this time around! Must be a multi-generational coalition plotting to strike fear into all of our hearts! That makes more sense than a novel virus spreading because people are not immune to it! Ever hear of Occam's Razor? The simplest explanation is usually correct? What would be the simplest explanation here? An elaborate hoax wherein the gov'ts of varying different countries work TOGETHER (that in itself is implausible!) for years to stage a false pandemic in the hopes of.... well, that part I didn't quite gather from reading the site. Or a natural occuring mutation of an illness that is well known for genetic drift and shif? Yeah... I wish it was a hoax too, but I'm not going to check my IQ at the door to ease my mind and wish it all away.
    Anonymous

• yeah...people are pretending to be dead too.
    Anonymous

• No. But I do suspect it is being used to "wag the dog" ... draw attention away from somethg else that was getting too uncomfortable, or something else which they wanted to keep under the radar.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2009