Cervical cancer.

If the cancer hasn't spread to the uterus will they still remove it? and if they don't remove the uterus is it still possible to conceive and carry children afterwards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had cervical cancer removed (by a "conezation" [sp?]) and have had 2 kids since then. I don't see why they would remove your uterus if it hasn't spread that far. As long as enough of your cervix is left, you should be fine to carry a baby afterwards. I suggest asking your doctor beforehand, just to get their input, too, though.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 8:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If they can not a partial then you have a chance but you need your uterus to have a baby along with your cervix so it all depends on where the cancer is and if they do surgery or if it can be done with a colcoscopy.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I had cervical cancer but it was caught early. They froze my cervix with nitrogen and when it thawed they scraped the cancerous tissue off. It left my cervix scarred but I can't deliver a baby. C-sections only for me. Good Luck and God Bless.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009