Any moving sale tips??

I'm having a moving sale next weekend..
whats a good way to get rid of stuff without seeming desperate.. because I am!
I wanna get rid of as much stuff as possible. Just knock prices down? Anything else? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mark stuff for more than you really want that way it doesn't kill you to bargain
    put up flyers in your neighborhood/local paper/craigslist etc...
    maybe in the morning have coffee/donuts for sale cheap afternoon cookies and juice that way people driving by see that too
    put the big stuff towards the front of the lawn so its prominent from the street the big stuff attracts more attention
    as the day goes on and you have stuff you still haven't gotten rid of, say you have a sheets you are selling seperately, and someone is buying one set, offer them two or three more sets at a "reduced" price from what you are asking, kind of a "bulk" sale deal
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Price stuff to sell. No one wants to see prices like they're at the store. High prices drive people away. Let everyone know to make an offer too if you really want to get rid of things.
    Anonymous

• Lots of BIG signs! Put prices on the big items.
    Anonymous

• be willing to make awesome deals. I had a sale and had lots of clothing left over. I decided then to do "fill a garbage bag for $10" and they moved quick.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Dollar bags the last day
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009