can you get your CNA in florida if you have a misdemeanor for domestic violence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I highly doubt that you will be able to take care of someone who is vulnerable when you've been convicted of a violent crime
    Anonymous

• They make you get a background check. I am a CNA
    LovemygirlsPH

Answer by LovemygirlsPH at 7:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• they make you get a background check, i get that but that still doesnt answer my question
    Anonymous

• I would hope they wouldn't let a person who has been charged with domestic violence to work with elderly. I use to work as a CNA and you couldn't have any charges against you in the last 3 years. So it may be more of an issue if it has been a recent charge.
    Anonymous

• I would say no..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 9:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i think they wouldnt, but i never had to get a wavier for anything. Im a CNA in Illinois been for 6 years. Check the states registery and guidelines on that. I mean would you want someone working with your child if they have a pre existing battery charge with a child. Not trying to be mean please dont think i am , was just a thought was all. But check with the state.
    Good luck
    hot_momma84

Answer by hot_momma84 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• More than likely not, you would have to have your record expunged and that can take 2-5 years.In Wisconsin, you cannot have ANY charges or investigations for any crimes against a child or elderely person.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'd look into it. Were you actually charged with it, and plead guilty/not-guilty/no contest? Were you arrested for it, but never actually charged? My ex beat me up on two different occasions, cops were called, and I was stupid enough to lie for him. He turned around and accused me of beating him (and he's into martial arts!), so I got arrested both times. But, I wasn't charged either time. Both times 'no information' was filed, whatever that is. The first time the judge just laughed at me (all it said was that I slapped him, which is true. AFTER he slammed my head between the door and door frame!) and told me to skedaddle out of his courtroom, lol. Just look into the laws in your area, and see if it depends on circumstances, etc. You may be able to get waivers by the other person invovled saying that there was no actual issue.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The ex of mine in question wanted to join the military, some kind of intelligence job, and they required that I send them a signed letter stating that there was no actual domestic violence and it was just a misunderstanding (this is several years letter, and YES, I finally wised-up and let him get arrested the third time around!). I went ahead and sent in in to get him off my ass, and he was allowed to join. I guess it all depends on circumstances, laws in your area, etc.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• NO! I already tried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 1, 2009