Question about IPod passwords

My son has an IPod. He set a password on it and that password won't unlock it. Right now when you turn it on you get the picture of a lock and it asks for a password and won't unlock. So now what do we do? Is there a way to reset it?

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i'm guessing he set the password on the computer the ipod is synched to. can he plug it in and see if he can get to itunes on the computer w/o the password and see if he can retrieve it from there? don't know if it'll work just an idea
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• no he just set the password from the ipod. When he got it for Christmas my sister set it up for him (without a pass word) because I don't know how to do that stuff. He has not had it on my computer except to charge it.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Call the company's customer service number and ask them, or check online. I really don't know anything else to tell you. My 13 yr old son, said "Tell him to buy a new one!" LOL!!! I would go with my suggestion first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• the lock button on top: click it back and forth
    then push the center button and the top part of the circle at the same time and hold it down for a few seconds
    that's how to reset an ipod
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 4:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i think if you plug it in to the computer it will unlock it. i used to do the same thing cuz i had songs on my ipod i didnt want my mom to hear lol i would keep the songs on my dads computer because he didnt care. i mean geez i was 17 she was always so nosy lol
    Anonymous

• i locked 2 ipods of mine by accident but i took them down to apple and they did their magic and told me the password and typed it in and took it off for me.
    casslynn09

Answer by casslynn09 at 3:41 AM on May. 6, 2009