i sleep on my stomach sometimes, im not really showing yet though, is that harmful to the baby right now?

i'm 3 months, if its ok now, when should i stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• stop when its not comfy anymore. which will probably be in the next 2-3 months. if its comfy for you than its not putting too much pressure on baby. docs recommend you sleep on your side b/c the blood flow is better that way, but sleeping on your tummy won't harm baby
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I slept on my stomach throughout both my pregnancies. When I got a belly I just shoved a pillow under my knee and propped myself up some. Both my kids are perfectly healthy
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I always hear that it's laying in your back that you should be concerned about. I've done that with both of my pregnancies, though (I usually wake up in the middle of the night and realize I'm on my back.) My daughter is perfectly fine and this pregnancy is going well, too. I think the thing to pay attention to the most is if you're in pain in a certain position. Then there's definitely something that isn't right.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 7:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Im 11 weeks and sleep on my stomach every night.... I have 2 other kids and Ive learned that you better enjoy sleeping on your belly while you can cause soon you wont be able to!
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 7:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• When I slept on my stomach durring my pregnancies I found that the baby would kick until I moved(to me an indication the baby didn't want me in that position). So my advice to you is that if you find the baby kicking and rolling around, change positions and if it stops then the baby isn't comfortable while your laying on your belly. But you're ok to sleep on belly without harming your baby!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• prop something like a blanket behind ur back so ur not lying on ur back MommyDumDum.
    Anonymous