Bloody show and no labor?

So last week I was sent to the hospital because I was having my bloody show and contractions 10-15 minutes apart. My cervix hadnt changed (from 3 cm) so they gave me a sleeping pill and sent me home expecting to see me again soon. But I never got back into the swing of things and my show stopped. Is this normal? Anyone had their bloody show and not go directly into labor? If so, how long was it before labor started?

Tages_Mom

Asked by Tages_Mom at 7:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first I had it for a week before, with my second it was like an hour or so later and I was in labor.
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 7:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it. walk a lot up and down stair and relax, you will go into labor sooner than later.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• ohhh btw I had a bloody show in the begining of labor, but with my last I was 3 cm for about a week before I had him.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• With my first it was a week prior as well. The other 3 pregnancies I never saw it(I was induced with 2 of them).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009