how can i get rid of my sons cough!...

its been almost 2weeks now n he has finished his antibiotics. doc says he has weezing n mild asthma. coughs alot at night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try giving him lots of water. I have also heard dairy can cause it.
    Anonymous

• My son has been having a problem with coughing. I called his doctor and the nurse told me to give him Benedryl, elevate him while he sleeps and use a humidifier. He's sleeping much better at night - no more coughing fits.

Anonymous

• Cool air mist humidifier(NO VICKS!!!). Also an air purifier if you can get it, the one that works best for asthmatics cost almost $900 msrp(I found them on ebay for half the price but still to expensive for me)!!! The reason I say no vicks vapors is because when my sister was 12 she was having an asthma attack and my abuelita put vicks vapor rub on her chest and made the wheezing worse! I'm sorry your son is suffering!!!! Oh, you can also try musinex for babies!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Put some vicks vapor rub on his feet with socks. Works everytime.
    LovemygirlsPH

Answer by LovemygirlsPH at 7:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Thank you very much ladies.
    Anonymous

• If you're talking asthma, you should see a pediatric pulmonologist. Your pedi could also prescribe a nebulizer treatment which may help in the mean time.
    Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If he has mild asthma, stick to his medication schedule. There is no way to get rid of it, just control it.

Dairy doesn't have anything to do with it.

Vicks stuff, with the fumes, can make the asthma worse!!
    Anonymous