Any relief of sympotoms from Thyroid until the Doc appointment?

ok I finally got a call back from the Endo and they scheduled my appointment on June 23...thats almost 2 months after I had test results stating my thyroid is abnormally functioning. In the meantime is there anything I can do to ease all these symptoms I am having.....weight loss, dry skin, sleepy all the time, body aches, burning sensations in my legs and knees, headaches, neck pain, hot & cold, hungry all the time and just feel like ick!!!!!

7ALLTOGETHER

Asked by 7ALLTOGETHER at 7:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• I had to get on antidepressant medication for depression and anxiety caused from my thyroid issue ( I don't know if you are depressed). For my legs I have sat in many of hot baths with epsom salt and rubbing them. Tylenol or ibprofen fot the aches. You can't do anything for the weight loss, once you r thyroid is leveled out the loss will stopand likely to go back to your normal size. Get lots of rest and take naps if you can. I used a neck pillow that I could heat up in the microwave to help ease my neck. Theres not much you can do about your hot and cold flashes, usually I would wear a tank top with a long sleeve over it, if I got cold I would take the long sleeve off. Thyroid issues are a true bummer! I felt so bad during the whole thing that I couldn't even breastfeed after 3 months. (The docs took forever to figure out I had a thyroid issue, jerks). I hope you feel better soon did you just have a baby?
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 8:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If so hopefully it's just thyroiditis which usually clears on it's own. Keep us posted on your journey through this terrible disease. Good Luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Also I clenched my teeth terribly through it all that I got TMJ so make sure you keep your jaw loosened. If I think of anything else I will post it for you.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 8:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Wait, does your endo know your results? If so, have them call a prescription into the pharmacy for you. At least call and see if someone will call you back. I have done this and the doctors have worked withme on it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My baby is 6 years old now!!! WOW!! I went in for a routine check up and blood work showed the thyroid acting weird! Since I havent been to the Endo, she wont call in any meds for me until I become a patient and that will be on June 23...All these symptoms have showed up within 6 months time and then I find out about my thyroid so it all made sence after I started doing some research and joing different support groups. I just didnt know if there was any relief until I get to that appointment....but thanks to all that have replied!
    7ALLTOGETHER

Answer by 7ALLTOGETHER at 8:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2009