What sort of side effects are there for starting on neocate all of a sudden?

I have to start my 5 month old daughter on neocate today and try for 2 weeks to see if the blood in her stool goes away from her allergy to almost everything. Has anyone had to stop breastfeeding to start on this formula? How did you switch over and did your baby get constipated from it? How long does it take them to get used to the formula without mixing it with breastmilk?

BindiGirl

Asked by BindiGirl at 7:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I actually didn't know that it was a no-soy/no-lactose formula. But I thought it was regular formula and tried giving it to my little girl. Poor thing hated it and wouldn't take one sip. Plus it stinks like crazy!! Smells like potatoes or something, idk.

I can't give you any advice here, but just wanted you to know that I don't think you'll be able to switch over easy.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009