Do you of any reason why my son would be constantly burping?

Our son is 4 years old. I have noticed the burping but never thought much about it. My husband notices it all the time and thinks we need to get him checked out. He has a Dr appt next week. I was wondering if you could help me out a little bit. Do you know of any health related issues that would cause one to constantly burp? I haven't noticed any other problems. He doesn't ever complain about stomach issues or pain. He eats a normal healthy diet. I can't come up with anything. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• he might do it on purpose? my daughter intentionally fake sneezes sometimes to get people to say bless you. does he drink soda alot? i've never heard of a medical thing, but if he has an apointment next week just bring it up then
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• No he very rarely drinks soda and that is only when he steals some from me or DH. But I don' think it is on purpose because he does it all the time. When he is trying to go to sleep he does it. Or when he is playing with toys, or thinks we are not there. He isn't trying to get any attention for it.
    Anonymous

• My son is also 4 and he does the same thing-it does get worse if he eats somthing gassy-Milk causes it, soda etc. He had to have an xray on his chest and in the film his stomach was HUGE. When I asked why, the hospotal said he was gulping air as he was crying before the xray---he burped a lot then too.
    tjscam7

Answer by tjscam7 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The only medical thing I can think of is a stomach problem like reflux. That can cause burping.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• He probably eats too fast.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2009