Do you think doubt is a healthy emotion?

Specifically when it comes to religion/faith/beliefs.

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I do. We were all given free will for a reason. We have the right to think and question things because we have the right to learn and grow.
    Anonymous

• Yes. Because when we doubt or are unsure that is when we grow the most. How can you know what you believe is true if you haven't questioned it? Anyone who is feeling doubt in their beliefs (in any area of life) should challenge their beliefs and see where they stand. People need to learn and know for themselves and not just follow others blindly.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 8:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Personally I think everyone has a moment of doubt, in all things including religion and belief in God, for me asking questions about what I had been told and doing an indepth Study into the Bible deepened my Faith and understanding. we must prove to ourselves because If we don't question how can we learn, repeating what someone says isn't learning and if we don't learn we do doubt.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• So true AnnaMac.
    logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Is doubt an emotion? Doubt as a device to motivate you to investigate and find the truth is healthy. There is nothing wrong with doubt as long as you actually look for answers instead of just saying you doubt something but never seek clarity.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yep. I think everyone before me already said what I was going to. LOL!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yes it is. Nothing more to add that hasn't already been said.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• NO. Doubt is for weak people.
    Anonymous

• No i think doubt is from The Devil! if you are doubting God(the Creator)...that is. However if you are in something that doesn't worship the Creator then doubt is a good thing because it will help you to gain perspective, to search and to reflect and hopefully end up worshiping the Creator and not the Created or whatever people make up as they go through life. ie, money, moons, men, women, trees.. etc..
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yes, doubt calls for action. I agree, jesse123456.
    logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009