Does your husband make you mad? (The most common question)

I want to know what is up with that I should know my dh more than you ladies but I don't get it.

I had told him that my SIL dad's is very ill and don't believe he will make it they gave him 1 week to live :(

So today I told my dh that my brother told me his FIL has only 2 days now and my dh did not say a word it pissed me off bc I expected him to say well if you want to see him... go. But he did not say nothing....I did not want to agrue so I am going to have to find a way to see him one last time. Why is he being a inconsiderate jerk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• I don't know, but my dh has told me before that sometimes men can be dense and need a figurative "2x4 to the head"...don't beat around the bush, TELL him exactly what you want and then go from there.
    Anonymous

• Saying nothing is better than saying something wrong. If you want something, you need to say it. He's not a mind reader.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• He isn't. It's a communication problem..not just him being a jerk. You gave him some information and expected him to read your mind. It's the Mars and Venus thing. He probably heard.."Wow, sad he's dying" Likely , never occuring that you brought it up because you wanted to go. Guys, most guys, require the direct approach. "Honey, so and so is deathly ill. Is there anyway we can work it out so I can go before it happens?"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Maybe he didn't know what to say and afraid to say something wrong . Go talk to him please.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Please don't expect him to read your mind. After you have been married longer, you will understand that men don't think the way normal people do.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009