what is wrong with the world today? all these ppl think they have it so bad when they dont see that young girls here in america are being sold and traded as sex slaves. tell me ur views on this subject.

how would u feel if it was ur daughter or relative being sold or traded for sex?

mommyinjune0992

Asked by mommyinjune0992 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• To be blunt, I would kill someone had they done that to my daughter.
    Anonymous

• "Having it bad" really is subjective. Some people are starving out there. Doesn't mean I'm going to starve myself as well.

And to answer your question...I would feel like shit. How else would I feel?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'd have to blow somebody out of their Sketchers.

...and not in a nice way either...
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 8:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well I don't think the fact that horrible things are being done to people is an excuse for other people to not complain. People have a right to be upset over their own lives and you can't expect people who are in different kinds of bad situations to sit back and say life is good just because the women in their family aren't being sold as sex slaves. There are many other horrible things going on in the world too.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a link or two?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Some how I don't follow your train of thought. Lots of people do have it "so bad". Most people don't consider not having the unimaginable happen to your kids having it " good".
    Anonymous

• my view on this subject is the same as every other subject of evil. our world is going to hell in a hand basket and the people in charge do not care. I keep my loved ones closer than I used to, and trust that God will help with the rest.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Thank you for sending the links. Now here is what I think. First, these girls were recruited in other countries with promises of becoming models and actresses. They were brought to the US and then told they had to pay off their travel expenses. They were not locked up anywhere, they could have stood up and walked out the door anytime they wanted to. In the last link it was about a 17 year old American girl and her adult pimp. It's not like this doesn't go on all the time. She wasn't being kept in a locked room either. She was literally walking the streets of Anaheim, CA and selling herself for $120 for a half hour or $250 for an hour. Nobody kept her from walking away anytime she wanted to. This strikes me as a racist bust because the article goes to great pains to point out that the pimp is black and the "victim" is white. Now none of this is good, but it's a little less attention grabbing than "SEX SLAVERY" headlines.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• pagan_mama, you need to educate yourself on women/children and forced prostitution and human trafficking in general before you go spouting off about how "they could have left if they felt like it"!  Are you not aware that a pimp breaks a girl down until she's convinced she is better off with him, through verbal, mental, and physical abuse, gang rapes, and drugs?  Are you aware that any foreign girls naive enough to fall for the actress/model line are subjected to the same kinds of torturous behavior, PLUS their ID and passports are taken from them, effectively rendering them helpless in a foreign country where they know no one, may not speak the language, and don't know their way around?

yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 10:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yogapantz is right. Our church just sent some missionaries overseas to scope out some of these human trafficking operations (they plan to aid in the rescue and recovery of these ABUSED girls by establishing shelters and mentoring them) and what's REALLY going on in them is far worse than what the media could ever portray. Just walking away is not an option... trust me. Some of these girls are as young as nine years old- they're scared to death to make any moves because their captors have threatened violence against them if they try to escape. This isn't just going on overseas- it's going on right here in our country too.

http://www.exoduscry.com/
    heyiheardthat

Answer by heyiheardthat at 10:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009