tremors?

I have a 4 week old baby and when he was brn he had the chin quiver, and i was told it was normal. his doctor told me it would go away in a week or so. well it has not. now his little legs and arms will tremor and twitch, but today his whole little body did it. should i be worried my doctor has not called back yet?

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son did this too until he was around 6 weeks old.. scared the crap out of me I cried every time he did it not know what was going on. The doctor said it was nothing to be concerned about.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I believe it because the nervous system isn't completely matured yet. If the doctor wasn't concerned, I would just watch it as your baby gets older.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 8:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It's the nervous system. Babies don't have control of their bodies, so they'll do little shivers and shakes. My little girl did it randomly for about 2 months I guess. She still gets little chin quivers sometimes when she's drinking a bottle, and she is 4 months. It's a natural part of development and nothing to worry about.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009