Does anyone know exactly how much blue and black cohosh I should take?

I am 12 days overdue and yes I know my due date exactly because we were doing IVF. My OB scheduled an induction for Friday but said I may come in on Thursday afternoon for a csection if I want.
I dont want either. My sisters induction was horrible and she ended up in a c-section. I read a lot about using the cohoshes but I cant find where it says how much to use. I am having weak irregular contractions but I am just miserable at this point. I had an NST today and baby is doing fine. Please, anyone????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First hour: 5 drops of Black Cohosh tincture, 5 drops of Blue Cohosh tincture every twenty minutes.
    Second hour: 10 drops of Black Cohosh tincture, 10 drops of Blue Cohosh, and 5 drops of Pennyroyal tincture every twenty minutes.
    Third hour: 15 drops of Black Cohosh tincture, 15 drops of Blue Cohosh tincture, and 10 drops of Pennyroyal tincture every twenty minutes.
    Fourth hour: 20 drops of Black Cohosh tincture, 20 drops of Blue Cohosh tincture, and 15 drops of Pennyroyal tincture every twenty minutes.
    Fifth hour: 1 full dropper of Black Cohosh tincture, and 1 full dropper of Blue Cohosh tincture, and ½ dropper of Pennyroyal tincture every twenty minutes.

Maintain fifth hour dose until contractions are 2 minutes apart and 60 seconds long, OR until cervix is 4 cms. dilated, then discontinue.
    ** Hold tincture mixture in your mouth for the count of 5, then swallow and rinse with water.
    Anonymous

• I took one pill a day. It didn't work for me.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have the tinctures. I think I'm going to try one recipe I saw for 15 drops of each every hour until the contractions are more regular. If I dont have this baby by Friday... I dont know what I'm going ot do.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure on the dosage. But, try Evening Primrose Oil 1500 mg a day. You can try castor oil and chase it with juice. Have sex and hope for an orgasm. Walk around a lot. Swing on swing. Do squats. Bounce on a birthing ball. Visualize your cervix thinning and opening and the baby coming down. Talk to your baby and Pray that you have your baby naturally. That's everything I will do when I get closer to my due date. I was induced and ended up with a c-section and now I am trying for a VBAC. Good luck and Congrats!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• HERBAL INDUCTION PROTOCOL

1. All candidates for herbal induction must fall within the prescribed parameters for midwifery care, and/or be under the supervision of a physician.

2. Candidates must be at term (=/>37 weeks gestational age).

3. Inductions shall begin with candidates fully rested, and fully informed as to the protocols for induction.

4. If desired, candidates may begin Evening Primrose Oil (>500 mgs.) orally, one in the morning and one at bedtime, at 37-38 weeks.

5. One Evening Primrose Oil capsule shall also be applied to the cervix morning and evening, beginning at 38 weeks, and used as the lubricant for all cervical examinations.

6. On the morning of the planned induction, candidate will eat a normal breakfast, and have a ready supply of fluids to insure hydration. Eating and drinking during the induction shall be at the candidate’s preference.
    Anonymous

• Being induced is a lot better than being over due because the placenta will end up becoming toxic to the baby... no good.
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 1:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009