Can you still get pregnant if one ovary is higher than the other?

My DH and I have been trying to concieve for 4 cycles no( but the cycles are back to back bc he is deployed so it was like sept, nov, dec, jan, and april) w/ no luck and also a miscarriage in August. This will be his first child bu my second and when i was pregnant w. my son he had kicked my right ovary way up under my rib and when I went to do an ultra sound after my miscarriage they had noticed everythign was in place but the right ovary was still way up there. Can this be effecting the reason for misconception? j/c

armywifey04

Asked by armywifey04 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It seems like a possible reason for not conceiving, but probably not for miscarriage. That would be after the ovary had done its job (probably from the left side) and an embryo was already in the uterus. I imagine that your fallopian tube would either miss catching the released egg from the right side at ovulation or not reach up there at all. Not sure....
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Thanks! the US person didn't seem extremely concerned but I also never followed up either
    armywifey04

Answer by armywifey04 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009