How many jars of baby food should a 6-7 month old eat a day?

How many jars a day does your baby eat a day?

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm...it was probably 1 at that point, that's when I introduced it. I think they were eating more rice cereal at that point. Baby food was one new food per week, starting with veggies.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'd say 4-6 depending on appetite and a bottle before bed.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My dd is 7 months and she has 2-3 jars plus cereal in the morning and in her bottle at night.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• At 6 months my daughter was just getting started and ate maybe one jar a day, if that... some days she had a few tastes and was done. At 7 months probably 2, and now she's almost 8 months and is eating a decent amount of finger food, a little cereal, and probably 3 jars of food (or the equivalent... I make most of my own purees). All this is on top of her breastmilk, and I have NOT changed the amount of nursing sessions per day. Just be sure your baby is still getting enough bm/formula, because this amount is not really supposed to significantly decrease until 12 months...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My daughter is 10 mos old and she eats 1/2 jar of fruit in the morning and 1/2 jar of veggies in the evening...so the equivalent of one jar per day.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well, at 6 months, we were really just starting solids, so I only fed her 1/2 a jar for dinner. We gradually worked our way up and now she is almost 10 months and she has 3 3rd foods jars a day plus formula.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Wow ya'll are making me feel like I don't feed my child lol. My daughter was only on breastmilk until 6 months. So when i started her on food it was only a little bit of one jar. It was that way until she was 7 months old. Then she started upping the amount but never more than one jar a day.
    Anonymous

• My daughter has cereal in the morning, a jar for lunch and a jar for dinner. Plus she still has 4 ounces every 2-3 hours. I wouldn't do more than that if I were you. You don't want to over feed your kid. Also Are you just starting solids or has your baby be eating them for a couple months? If its new I would start one a day.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 11:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Try making your own! It is cheap, easy, and you get to control exactly what your baby is eating. www.superbabyfoods.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes he started a month ago
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009