What if your baby won't stop crying?

Unless you hold him but then your arms start to hurt because he is heavy. haha.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get a sling, wrap etc. babies need to be held.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Slings are great. If he's really little swaddling might help too.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 8:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• you continue to hold your baby.. its your baby its your job. if you dont have a sling still hold him... or sit down and put a pillow under your arm.. if u have a sling great, use that
    Anonymous

• If he's not hungry, wet, in pain or overtired, and you are tired of holding him, just lay him down in a safe place like his crib and walk away for a while! My dd would cry for a few hours each night and we have a front carrier/sling type thing that worked. For some babies it's a pacifier. Some like a ride in the car. There are lots of things you can try.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you start to get frustrated, put your baby in his crib, shut the door and walk away. He will be safe, and you need to take a 10 minute break.

Then go back and start all over again. Try laying down with him on the couch, thats what helps my daughter.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I used to carry mine around in the shoulder strap carrier, until I learned how to swaddle the baby. If you swaddle the baby and put him/her in the infant car seat and a shirt you wore recently over the blanket you can get a break!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• lol yea i know its my baby my job...just trying to think of different methods to get him to sleep.
    yea i have a baby bjorn i think he is outgrowin it. 28 in long and over 19lbs. as of now.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Lay on your couch with the baby on your chest. That way you can hold him without your arms getting tired.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i mean yeah babies need to be held. but then again you cant hold a baby to constantly that will cause hell for yourself. you dont want the baby to become completely dependant on you. your life will be horrible. if the baby is crying there should be something wrong with him, if theres nothing wrong with him then hes just manipulating you. my daughter fake cries lol. its pretty funny, and shes only 4 months. and its not like she doesnt get spoiled lol. cause oh she does,
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 12:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009