Where would you have your secret hiding place?

I have a savings and a checking account with dh but never seem to really save I am the saver and he is the spender...lol

If you were trying to save money on your own for rainy days where would you hide the money?

I thought of putting a 20.00 dollar bill in the bible and slowly build it up...I know he won't look there...lol sad but true.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I tape a piece of paper on three sides underneath my desk, which makes a little pocket, and I keep money in there.
    Anonymous

• I just heard about a woman who kept her money stashed in a storage box of maternity clothes in the top of the closet. It says "maternity clothes" on it, so there is no reason on earth why a man would look in there, lol. It was on our radio station, the topic was about hiding money from your spouse and the reasons why people do it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Sounds like a good idea to me, I try to hide extra cash whenever I know dh won't look.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Get a green dot prepaid credit card. Its initially $10 plus what ever you want to put on it. Its $4.95 to put more money on it(min is $25 so it'd = $29.95). The most you can reload with is $500 at a time(if you wanted to put $1,000 it'd be $504.95(total) 1st drop, $495.05(total) 2nd drop). It workslike a credit card except you only cna spend what's on the card and NO monthly statement!!! You can also put direct deposit on it free. There's a $4.95 monthly maintenance fee. Have it sent to your moms or neighbor you know and trust. There's lots of prepaid cards you can look into, just search for prepaid credit cards(I mentioned green dot because thats what I use).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I use to own the DVD the wedding singer and my hubby hated that dvd, but last year my son got a hold of it and scratched it really bad by playing with it but i hide money inside the case of it. He will never watch that dvd.lol
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• inside a tampon box
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I don't have extra money so I don't need to have a secret hiding place.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• in the freezer. Theres a chance he might find it, but its a great place for important papers, like birth certificates too. What kind of burglar is going to check to see if you have money in the freezer? And usually, a fridge is one of the last things standing in a house fire.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have a place in the closet in the back where i have taken up a little of the carpet and stash money there and i just carefully place the carpet back. i didnt cut off a piece just lifted a little up.
    another good place would be in the attic in the insulation or in your dresser pull out the drawer and tape some on the bottom of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'd hide it in a seperate bank account in your name only that he doesn't know about. Ask them for paperless statements! At the house you're screwed if the house gets broken into or catches on fire. You could also buy a safety deposit box and keep it in there. Maternity Clothes box is too funny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2009