nipple flow??

I'm breastfeeding but sometimes I'll give my daughter a bottle of breastmilk if we're out shopping or for a walk.
I use the playtex dropins, and I have the slow flow nipples because I was worried the faster ones would make her choke.
I was just wondering how you decide which flow is best? She doesn't have any real problems with the slow flow, except that it takes a while to finish the bottle.
She's 8 weeks if that matters.

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 9:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had tried anormal flow nipple and it was WAYYY to fast for my daughter. i breastfeed, so she is used to having to work for her milk and that nipple was just too fast.

i only use a bottle if i have a sitter for a fwe hours and i pump, but i changed bottles to a dr brown bottle slow flow. and it works perfectly... shes 8 weeks as well.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I used a slow flow nipple up until a couple weeks ago and my dd is 8 months. I also give her BM in a bottle at times.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I never switched from the slow flow ones. My daughter didn't have any problems and I saw no reason to switch.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You start with the slow flow nipples so they don't get too much too fast. I would only recommend changing to a faster flow when she gets older if she ever gets to the point when she becomes impatient that the nipple is feeding too slowly. I've used Playtex with all three of my babies (Now 11, 6 and 6 weeks). With my oldest two I only switched nipples when they would get mad in the middle of a feeding because they weren't getting enough food fast enough.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009