I have to know if its me or not

So my dh's dad has just confirmed that a 25 yr old girl is in fact his daughter. OK fine. Apparently this new daughter confronted his dad about him never taking care of her or acknowledging her. Well dh's other sister heard about it and got mad and wanted to confront this new other sister. It happened today. I asked my dh if he called the one sister and told the other sister that the new sister was there with him. He said no. He then calls his sister and asks her did i call u and tell u the new sis was here. She says no and says why who wants to know he says no one and i say tell her I asked so then she asks why and its not my biz so on....so we kind of begin to exchange works meanwhile dh is saying out loud to me to mind my business and it has nothing to do with me. I am upset about him saying this to me knowing me and his sister dont really get along. I feel we could have discussed that privately. More to come...read below

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I was not trying to mind their bisness i was just concerned my dh told the other sister and i think he shouldnt have done that because his sis wanted to argue and that didnt need to happen.
    Anonymous

• Stay out of it. You'll be better off.

Though this is your husband's sisters, it is something that is between them, the "new" sister, and their father. It's up to you to support your husband when he needs it, not get in the middle of it.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 9:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• it is your business your two are married that makes you "one"
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I understand you didn't want arguing, but you really should've stayed out of it. This is their family matter, and although you are techiniqually a part of their family, it's still none of your business.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• All of you grow up. He has no business sharing with his old sister anything you asked him, as his wife you are entitled to hae a talk with him about whatever. His older sister can't tell him to tell you anything. His new sister is probably thinking what crazy family did I get? Can somebody just stop the bickering, it is unnecessary! If somebody wants to get to know new sister and maybe establish a relationship with her, let it be in good terms not this soap opera episode you are describing.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am very confused by what is going on here but I can say whether he thought you should mind your biz or not it should have been a more private thing
    mrsDcrawford

Answer by mrsDcrawford at 9:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Its not as bad as it sounds really. my dh old sis is just going off her moms attitude and feeling like thats "her dad" but in reality he is both of their dad. What I am asking and osrry i got rushed becuz dh was coming but what I am basically saying is I was having a private convo with my dh asking him how they happened to run into each other out of curiousity and hoping he didnt tell the old sis his new sis was there. he then put her on speaker phone and says out loud did i call you and tell u she was here. i didnt ask him to do that we were having our own private convo. we have been talking about all this for the past week or so. then when his old sis asks why who wants to know and i said i asked she just catches this attitude and starts being smart and tellingme its none of my boiz and yes i understand that but my dh has been talking tome about this in detail and i have been givingmy input becuz he asked for it. more to com
    Anonymous

• i nwas not trying to get all in it. the only person i was talking about it with was my dh. he pissed me off becuz i feel he should not have put his sis on the phone knowing we arent the best of friends and then turn around and say the same smart thing she was saying to me. I mean damn he was the one who brought it up. I was hoping he didnt call the one and tell them the other was there before he got to talk to the old sis and explain that the new sis was just upset whens he talked to their dad. it was years of frustration she had within her and i felt bad for her. now i just want nothing to do with any of it and dont want to hear nothing. i feel my dh violated a private marital convo and i feel disprespected and like he wouldnt have my back when i need him to becuz meanwhile she is being smart he is in my other ear saying i need to mind my business when he made it mine. my feelings are really hurt by that.
    Anonymous

• looking back and reading all that i have confused my own self lol..rushing! anyway i just feel the convo me and dh had should have stayed there with the two of us. there was no reason to bring anyone else into it. he didnt do that any other day this past week.
    Anonymous