Horrible tailbone pain

I'm 7 mos. pregnant and have horrible tailbone pain. This is my second pregnancy and I never experienced this in my first. It hurts to sit down or get up from sitting and if i sleep, or lay on my side it just worsens it. Does anybody know what causes it? I can't get relief b/c I have to chase my 20 month old around all day. I called my ob and spoke with a nurse and she made it seem like its just a part of pregnancy but this is really killing me! Has anyone had this or know what this is?

babygirl9304627

Asked by babygirl9304627 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anonymous

• i had it horribly and mine was even more pain because ive sprained it soooo many times in the past... try pillows between your legs, warm baths.. switching positions not sitting for that long... it hurts like hell huh
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• yes, ungodly so
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i had the same thing when i was prego with my daughter! i hurts bad! i hated it too! i just tried not to sit or lay down in the same position for very long periods of time!
    KimberlyAnn85

Answer by KimberlyAnn85 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009