did any of your husbands not want any kids before you got pregnant??

My husband didn't want me to get pregnant when I did the first time, but he loves our son of course. Now I want another one and once again he doesnt want another baby....It makes me so angry! Before we even got married we had both agreed we wanted kids (4 to be exact) and now it's like he never said that. I feel like he just agreed with me until we got married and now his true colors are showing through. Did anyone else have a situation like this? What did you do? Get pregnant anyway or stop trying?? On one hand I don't want to decieve him into thinking I'm not ovulation but on the other hand, it's not my problem hes not safe enough lol what to do what to do.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I was the husband. I never wanted to have a baby but my husband did. He begged me and begged me to have one so I did what I had to in order to have one. I did the fertility treatments and did all I could on my end and it was my last cycle of pills and I got pregnant and after that I wasn't going to do anymore treatments. We know we want more than one but I would rather adopt at some point as I never wanted to get pregnant or give birth and I did once now I really know I never want to do it again but I will for the sake of him and our daughter. I love her to death but me and pregnancy agree like the U.S and Iraq.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I had the same problem... I told him in pre cana classes I wanted a few.... when he changed his mind after we were married I told him to take a hike....yes I would absolutely leave him if he thinks he's gonna be the commander of the reproduction ship... we are currently trying for #3 but I did stray after baby #1 for a while
    Anonymous

• my fiancee was born with a double hurnia and he was always told he couldnt have kids! so i believed him and the women in my family are very fertile! needless to say 2 months after we were together i was pregnat with our little girl, she is now 14 mo and we are also expecting again! he told me that he never thought about having a family but he's got one now for sure! lol
    KimberlyAnn85

Answer by KimberlyAnn85 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• He didn't want kids at the time I got pregnant, he knew he wanted them "some day" just not then. He was so excited the day I told him I was pregnant though. Now that she's here though, I think for now, we're both in agreement she might just be an only child. But, she's only 6 weeks, so it's still overwhelming a lot of time. We both love her to death, it's just hard sometimes. So, yeah, as of right now, neither of us really want another one, now that we know how hard it is. Plus, I HATED being pregnant.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• listen my husband is the same way with our first son he was the alcohol baby lol meaning i got my husband drunk said honey we forgot the condoms an i stopped birth control an wam 21 weeks later i figured out i was pregnant an his jaw litteraly fell to the floor but he learned to live wit hit an he loves his son now i want number 3 an i keep hearing oh i dont want no more an i was like listen its my eggs my body ur just the donor ! so give it up you dont help you dont stay up late so shut up an get to squirtn he laughs at me but there are some nights where he totally doesnt want me to grab a condom an i ask i tell him if u dont want another baby then u need to cover your little friend an he makes me work so freakn hard to make him cum to the point ive given up trying to have a baby so maybe another ooops would happen lol so what im saying maybe you an your husband need to live a little not worry an maybe that baby will come
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009