did anyone else use any natural methods on selecting the gender of your baby?

I started ovulating today and we had sex yesterday. I want a girl so bad! I heard that if you have sex before ovulation there is a much higher chance. Did anyone use this kind of method? Or has anyone used any different methods? Did they work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes I used a natural method it was called sex and we got what was given to us. Its a old wives tale just like they say if you add your age plus the month you conceived if its odd its a boy and even is a girl. Its the chinese chart method. Its all for fun but you will get what you get even if you stand on your head, spin around 3 times and clap your hands in a circle.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would like to here some responses to that question as well. And yes brailynsmama08 we all know there is no sure fire way to concieve a boy or girl, it is a 50/50 chance. That being said there are some ways based on medical/scientific studies/theory to increase the chances of having a boy or girl. That is the type of research that i have been looking up and what Anon's question is refering to, not the old wives tales. All the best to you Anon in getting your little girl.
    blrusso

Answer by blrusso at 11:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Actually it is not a 50/50 chance if you take into account the health of the male sperm vs female sperm, the environment of the vaginal canal, the timing of the sex......female sperm is stronger but male sperm is quicker...etc, etc.
    We didn't consciously try the Shettles method, but I think we nailed it by chance.
    For getting a girl you want to have sex a lot a day or so before you ovulate. For a boy you don't want to have sex as much and focus on the 24hr time frame around ovulation.
    This time we had didn't have sex for a couple days leading up to ovulation, out of sheer frustration of trying each month with no luck, and then we had sex the day I ovulated, first thing in the morning (doggy style) and it produced a boy. Last time we had sex daily, whenever and however we wanted and it produced a girl....First time took 6 months, second time took 5 months, both times it happened in December...I blame it on the Mistletoe LOL
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 3:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009