my baby looks his hands

Hello, my 8 months old baby looks his hand, one side to other side, and looks and looks, is that normal? also he loves to watch MICKEY MOUSE clubhouse and laughs, really enjoys that..i know that he do not suppos to watch TV ,but my oldest one, watchs so he watchs too...is that normal?thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he is curious and learning yes it is normal
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• what?? HE looks his hand? looks and looks what are you talking about?
    Anonymous

• He looks or licks his hands? If he is looking at them then he is probably copying something he saw and if he is licking them then he is probably just being a normal baby.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• He's fine! My daughter use to do that all the time, its almost like she was studying her hands... I can see why he enjoys MIckey Mouse Clubhouse, it would be strange if he didnt react! I think your little one is just having a good time! :) oh yea, just ignore the people that are having a bad life and being rude...
    Anonymous

• You are rude for calling her an uneducated mother. I think it's clear that English is not her first language. How much of another language do you speak?

OP: Jodi and brailynsmama gave you good responses.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my daughter does it too, she watches spongebob, honestly i dont think tv is that bad for babies, cause they learn colors and its lke someone is ALWAYS talking to them, or singing to them, and they love it. so i turn it on for her when im cleaning and cant be talking to her the whole time from across the room and my daughter stares at her hands and her feet and anything else she sees that shes not that used to seeing. so yeah i think its normal
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 11:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Totally normal. My 8 month old will be playing, and he'll catch a glimpse of his hand, and it totally distracts him! It cracks me up! He'll turn his hand back and forth, looking at the front, then the back, and what it can do. It's so cute! Try using your hand like you would to make shadow puppets. Moving your fingers in different ways for him will fascinate him! That's how I distract my son from crying in the car when I'm not driving. =) He will also watch TV if it is on (we watch more than I'd like to admit). Rest assured, your son is normal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My ds does this all the time! He totally studies them. But he loves hands, any one's hands interest him. I was worried too and ped said it was normal.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 2:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009