Periodic blood in semen followed by a clot...why?

Two years ago my bf noticed blood in his semen after masturbating. It didn't hurt but the blood was alarming. He noticed, that after each ejaculation that had contained blood, he would pee out a clot, and the urine would be dark red. After that, the urine returns to normal. He's seen a urologist several times. Within this last year the bloody semen has shown up a couple times, and the urinating a clot of blood has also happened a couple times. Is this just an infection that keeps coming back? The last thing the urologist told him was to make SURE he peed immediately after intercourse... which he's practiced that to the T since being told. A couple days ago, he had bloody semen, and a clot in the next urination. The same thing happened today. He'd LOVE to avoid another trip to the urologist. Any ideas what's going on? Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• That sounds crazy and I think he should get a second opinion.
    Anonymous

• i think he should get another opinion. thats not normal!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• He needs a second opinion BIG time
    he needs all the boy parts checked for STD's other infections and CA markers... cultures blood samples and ultra sounds
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have never heard of that. I'd get another doctor.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 11:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009