curly hair

so my hair is stick straight, my daughter has corkscrew curly sue curls. any tips on how to make it easier to brush in the a.m.? i brush it at night and use a leave in conditioner after her baths but it still knots up pretty bad. i braid it, but the problem with that is that it makes her curls end up looking funny, they get that crinkled look you get when you take out a braid and it just really makes her hair so incredibly frizzy its not even funny. so tips from moms w/kids with curly hair, or moms w/curly hair?

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 10:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• use LOTS of detangling spray and either a pick or a wide tooth comb.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My 18m old daughter has the same hair as yours... everytime when I give her a bath I use either "Johnson's no more tears CURLY HAIR shampoo" or "Johnson's Buddy No more Tangles Shampoo"... and the next morning I use " Johnsons No more Tangles hair detangler" (green bottle)... I hope this helps... and do not brush her hairs!!!! just comb it while it's wet or with detangler...
    PilyFernandez

Answer by PilyFernandez at 10:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Zata ...got this question!

That NO more tangles shampoo ..i think it stinks! ahh gross!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yeah, I can tell you from personal experience brushing curly hair while it is dry is a BAD idea. Until I was old enough to do my own hair, I looked like a poodle. My mom didn't understand the rules of curly hair and one of them is to NOT BRUSH IT DRY!! Definitely use the detangler spray and a bit of water in the morning. Good luck.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• oh wow see i didn't know that you shouldn't brush when its dry, i guess that would explain the horrible frizziness when i don't grab detangler.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• hm.. this is some good stuff to know. i didn't know you weren't supposed to brush it dry. but my baby's still less than a year.. so her hair still baby thin.

i have super straight, plain, boring hair. my daughter.. does not. i have NO idea how i'll handle it when she gets older and it gets longer. XD still cute though.......
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 1:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• have you tried giving her a bath or atleast wet her hair(not with a detangling spray...they leave DDs sticky) in the morning?
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2009