i still need help

my daughter is just 1 year old and she is so bad....i cant set her down she dont sleep at night shes never been a good slepper when it comes to night. we have 2 other daughters so to give our youngest all the attention just cant happen i need help i tryed to set her down to play and she just crys she wont let me leave her side when i leave to go to work and shes crys please help

colleens3girls

Asked by colleens3girls at 10:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the o cry sleep solution by Elizabeth Pantley
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• "She won't let me leave her side to go to work........"
    Okay.......what don't you see crazy with this statement? If you are the parent, and she is only 1, no doubt you're somewhat bigger than she is. She certainly doesn't have the power to hold you down. I'm assuming you have a caretaker for her...enlist that person's help in separating the 2 of you. What needs to happen is called "desensitization". You start by doing it in small amounts. Go out of the room and come right back....what you're trying to do it make her know that you WILL return. Each time do it for a few minutes longer. Eventually you will win this.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• During the day you need to just let her cry. Not for too long of periods. Try putting her down and leave the room for a little bit and leave the room. She will cry, but once you come back she will be fine. She needs to learn that you will come back.
    It sounds terrible, but it has worked for me. It won't be easy, but she needs to get over part of the seperation anxiety that she is experiencing. It may take a little while, but eventually she will be ok.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• She may have a sensory issue; you should ask your family doctor about getting her evaluated

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2009