• In the Spotlight:

is it possible to get pregnant if i had sex the day i got mirena inserted?

i did the day of, and 2 days afterwards. i just had twins and DO NOT need this!

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• jesus you are f'n brave, I was in so much pain after having that frigging thing put in I couldn't even WALK for 2 days...damn...but I think you can get pregnant. you are supposed to use backup for like 2 weeks or something..
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• yes it is possible.
    Anonymous

• well i dont think the bc's hormones will work that fast doesnt it take like a full day or two?
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• yes you was suppose to wait two weeks after you got it in didnt the doc tell you that
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• you should always take two BC till the doc says it is ok.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• ew
    Anonymous

• I wasn't told to use backup. I wouldn't worry. Go take a test and then you will know.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• mhmm. it's possible. as many people said above, you should use backup for the first two weeks. soooooo let's hope that you aren't and make sure you are just a little more careful from now on (: Congrats on the twins by the way.

and anon 10:42 - let's not be judgmental here....she wanted an answer...and if you could say "ew" while showing your name then that tells me something... (: just sayin'
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my doc said to use another bc for three weeks, just to be sure. how long after having the twins did you have it put in? b/c if you haven't returned to your cyce yet then you are probably fine.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I had them 8 weeks ago.
    And i was a little crampy but i was fine actually.
    And what is so "ew" about the question? The fact that i had sex or what? Grow up woman.
    Nope, the doctir didnt tell me anything actually. I was surprised. Im gonna call him and ask tomorrow. PSYCHO if im pregnant again. I had an awful pregnancy and birth. I cant handle more lol
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2009