Saturday is my daughter's confirmation.......

I am not baptized nor have I gone though the church's religious education. I told them that, but I have little knowledge with this. I wanted to give my kids a better religious education and upbringing. What do I do after the mass? Dinner, special cake? Do we give gifts? I am really clueless. Thanks for the help.

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Same thing you did for her first communion. Just as important, only further along.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• cake, Religious gifts and have family over for dinner.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i would do a nice dinner and a gift. confirmation is her becoming an adult in the eyes of the church basically, so a nice family dinner and a nice bible maybe. or a nice rosary, something that represents the signifigance and is a "grown up" gift since that is the main "theme" of the sacrament
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You'll do great! Have a nice little get together and make her feel special. Enjoy the day and don't stress about it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• for my dd's confirmation we did a dinner with friends and family at the house...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• for my sons confirmation we went to dinner and had cake.....congrats my daughter is making her First Communion on Sat as well and we're going to dinner
    Anonymous