What is a cheap way to store breastmilk?

nessy1980

Asked by nessy1980 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can freez it.:]:]:]
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• the plastic milk storage containers are great because they're reusable
    Anonymous

• I used ziploc bags. It's great, because you pour the milk into the bag and sit it in a cup in the freezer and freezes perfectly. You can write the date and # of oz on the bag. Once you use the milk, you can wash the bag and reuse it. You will have to cross out the old date and stuff, but no biggie. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I personally use the Lansinoh bags just b/c they are presterilized and you get all the air sucked out to avoid freezer burn, but I have known people who use the ziploc bags and have been happy. and yeah that's definitely cheaper. BM bags are NOT cheap =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Use the Lansinoh or Gerber bags. They are made just for breastmilk, and they're sterile. I agree with calliesmommie. Be sure to squeeze the air out of the bags before you store them. Also, refrigerate the milk before you freeze it. Never mix old and new milk together; just freeze what you get at any time in a bag. You can defrost multiple bags, and you'll actually waste less milk this way. You can get the bags are Target or just about anywhere else.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I use and love the Lansinoh bags as well....You can get 25 of them for about $5. But if you're looking not to spend any money, you can freeze it in an ice cube tray...I think one cube is about 1 oz.....Just make sure you're very clean about it- they sell trays that have lids.....
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 2:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009