Paternity Test

Reading someone else Q on here, Brought this to mind.
I plan on doing one when I give birth, something my bf and I are both aware of and both agree too ( So pls no bashing )
How much are these tests? And how soon can you get results ?

( This Q pertains to women who have been there , dont that. Pls dont get on here and be ignorant )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They are free on Maury ! LOL
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• They're between 200-400
    Anonymous

• http://www.dnacenter.net/?gclid=COC-9rCKlZoCFSAhDQodQDv1NQ

i have never had to do one, however i know people who have and this is the company they went through. have never heard anything bad about them
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You are ignorant bebita and obviously can not read.
    Anonymous

• If you wait until you set child support, it will be free. Otherwise, it can be over $600. If you both know the baby is his, why would you do a paternity test anyway? If you don't know for sure, then YOU should be paying for the paternity test.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• haha. I am NOT paying for it.
    Anonymous

• if you want to know just for the two of you you can order one online http://www.gtldna.com/ they are like $100 or something like that. they cant be used for court purposes though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• okay...you don't know who the father is to your child and want a paternity test, that your unwilling to pay for...? I'd say...you're SOL, honey

They're expensive...and why do you want one anyway? Is there any question if your BF if the father? and if he's willing to take this child on as his own...why bother?

Anyway, I have a friend who had one done with her daughter....she knew who the father was, but he denied it...turned out she was his. I'm pretty sure the results take a few weeks....or so.

Anyway, good luck. Hope everything works out.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think, I'm not positive but at least in the state of wisconsin if you are not married a paternity test must be done in order to fill in the blank fro father on the babys birth certificate. I think they do this just to prevent any messiness later on if child support is needed. I think they are covered by insurance here but I am not entirely sure. So to anyone who would bash you simply say you are following the rules.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2009